This fudge is meant for those who really love to eat cookie dough right out of the bowl. It really does taste like cookie dough.
It is made with an eggless cookie dough batter mixed into a brown sugar, vanilla, butter, cream, and powdered sugar (LOTS of powdered sugar) fudge base. A little goes a long way. Kind of like tasting the batter before baking a batch of chocolate chip cookies. Oh right! That's the point.
I think this recipe would be great used as a truffle filling or mixed into home made ice cream. I'd also like to try it with a pinch of cinnamon and/or espresso mixed in. This recipe is the purist version, based on the recipe on the package of chocolate chips. So if you are a lover of raw chocolate chip cookie dough, give this recipe a try. You will love it.
This recipe is from the book The Cookie Dough Lover's Cookbook.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fudge
The original recipe says that it mades 36 squares, but I cut mine into 64 one inch squares.
Cookie Dough Ingredients
1/3 C unsalted room temperature butter
1/4 C sugar
1/4 C packed light brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt
2 T cream
1/2 C flour
1/3 C packed light brown sugar
1/3 C unsalted butter
Pinch of salt
1/3 C cream
5 C powdered sugar (seriously)
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 C mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line an 8 inch by 8 inch baking pan with parchment, wax paper, or foil.
- Make the cookie dough by beating the butter and sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment until fluffy. Add the vanilla, salt, and cream and mix. Mix in the flour until combined. You can also use a hand mixer.
- For the fudge, mix the butter, brown sugar, salt, and cream in a sauce pan over low heat until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the powdered sugar in one cup increments.
- Add the vanilla.
- Mix the cookie dough mixture into the fudge and stir until the mixture is combined and has reached room temperature.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and pour into the pan.
- Chill about 3 to 4 hours.
- Cut and serve. Keep any leftovers in the refrigerator.