These Mustard and Gruyere batons are super easy. They are made from frozen puff pastry, and can be assembled and refrigerated a day in advance. Trust me, they are delicious, and very elegant.
Mustard and Gruyere Batons
Makes 10 to 12 batons. Adapted from Ina Garten's Foolproof, which was inspired by Dorie Greenspan's Around my French Table.
Flour for dusting your working surface
1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, thawed overnight in the refrigerator
3 T Dijon mustard
1 egg beaten with 1 tsp water
3 ounces Gruyere, grated
2 T freshly grated Parmesan
- With a floured rolling pin, roll the unfolded puff pastry sheet out onto a floured board to 11 x 13 inches.
- Brush half of the sheet with the mustard, brush the edges with the egg wash, and fold the top over and press the edges together.
- Chill in a sheet pan for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Move the pastry back to the board, and cut the pastry into 1 inch by 6 inch strips with a sharp knife or pizza wheel.
- Place the batons on a parchment lined baking sheet making sure they are not touching.
- Brush the egg wash and sprinkle with the Gruyere and Parmesan. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and bake the batons for about 18 minutes.
- Serve warm (they can be reheated).
Visit all the other Appetizer Week blogs for more amazing recipes:
- Bacon Jalapeño Poppers by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Cheesy Melt by Kiss My Smoke
- Turkey Meatballs with Blackberry Sauce by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- BBQ Flavored Popcorn by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Loaded Sweet Potato Waffle Fries by Food Done Light
- Bacon Wrapped Smokies with Brown Sugar by What's Cooking, Love?
- Almond Crusted Baked Eggplant by Je suis alimentageuse
- Crab Rangoon Dip by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Mini Chicken Tacos by Clarks Condensed
- Cured Ham & Olive Tortilla Pinwheels by From Gate to Plate
- Mustard and Gruyere Batons by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Spiced Nuts by My Catholic Kitchen
- Crispy Cheese Twists by Life Off the Clock
- Baked Sriracha Bites by Organized Island
- Mini Pita Pizzas by Home Cooking Memories
- Slow Cooker Salsa Pulled Chicken Sliders by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Green Hummus by Mom's Test Kitchen
- Baked Mozzarella Sticks by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Low Sodium Cauliflower-Potato Bites by Cookerati
- Pickled Pepper and Pepperoni Puff Pastry Pizza/Pinwheels by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Sriracha Chicken Pockets by Lemons for Lulu
- Candied Bacon by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Baby Asparagus Wrapped in Prosciutto by Food Lust People Love
- Crispy Baked Green Bean Fries by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Smoked Salmon Dip by Wonky Wonderful
- Low Carb Monster Fingers by Yours and Mine are Ours
***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by SavorX.#AppetizerWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***
a Rafflecopter giveaway