This Spicy Citrus Shrimp is so flavorful! The shrimp is tossed in a mixture of fresh orange juice, lime juice, and chili paste, and then roasted and garnished with mango and scallions.
The contrast between the spicy shrimp and the cool and sweet mango is such a surprising treat, and the scallions with the mangos are pretty darn tasty.
This is a take on shrimp cocktail with an entirely different twist.... and it's beyond good, and totally easy too!
This recipe was adapted from my #FoodBloggerLove friend, Wendy, of A Day in the Life on the Farm.
Wendy loves trying to create meals made from "local and seasonal products, organic if possible, but that is not as important" to her "as knowing where her food comes from and supporting the small farmers who work so hard."
Wendy is a retired police officer who is married to Frank, another retired police officer. They recently moved from their 12 acre property to a 5 acre property in Michigan. This is kind of like when we moved from our 100 by 120 yard property to our 100 by 60 yard property in suburban southern California... (I say, dripping with envy and sarcasm).
I adore Wendy. She is so genuine. Yes, you can actually make friends on the Internet, especially if you are a food blogger. It's pretty incredible. Even though we have never met IRL, Wendy and I have participated in in Secret Recipe Club together, and Wendy hosts two groups in which I participate, Fish Fridays, and Soup Saturdays. She puts up with my OCD Gladys Kravitz tendencies.
You definitely need to check out her blog and read more about her story.
P.S. Her recipes and meal plans are wonderful, and her candor and openness will draw you in.
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter. There's a Cessna involved too.
This recipe for this Spicy Citrus Shrimp Cocktail is one that I will be making again and again. It's easy, flavorful, and the leftovers are just as good as the day they are made. You must try this!!
Food Blogger Love? It's an annual event created by Allison of the PinterTest Kitchen. We get together in February (get it? Love!) to show some love to our fellow food bloggers. After the recipe, be sure to check out the rest of the #FoodBloggerLove recipes and posts.
Spicy Citrus and Mango Shrimp Cocktail
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Juice from one orange (I used a tangelo)
- 1/2 tsp ground chili paste (I used Sambal Oelek)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup peeled and diced mango
- 1 tablespoon sliced scallions
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Toss the shrimp with the cornstarch. Place the butter in a quarter sheet pan or shallow baking dish, add the shrimp, and toss. Spread the shrimp out on the pan and bake for seven minutes.
- While the shrimp is baking, mix the orange juice, chili paste, lime juice, and salt. Remove the shrimp from the oven, pour the sauce over it, and toss. Place the shrimp back in the oven, and bake for another seven minutes.
- Garnish with the mango and scallions.
Adapted from A Day in the Life on the Farm