These Vanilla Sprinkle Cookies are reminiscent of Italian bakery cookies. What's so appealing about these cookies is the lovely vanilla flavor... and the magical effect of lots and lots of sprinkles!
I made them with two types of sprinkles, as well as chocolate jimmies.
A party in a cookie!
The texture of these cookies is soft and light, yet they still hold up well as cookies. The dough is really easy to work with, and the cookies are super good. I took these to work and they pretty much disappeared. Fast.
Vanilla Sprinkle Cookies
1 ½ C flour
1 3.4 ounce pkg instant vanilla pudding
½ tsp salt
½ tsp baking powder
¾ C butter, slightly softened
1 C sugar
2 tsp vanilla
Lots of sprinkles (about a cup)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a small bowl
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the butter and sugar on medium high until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes. If you are using a hand held mixer, it may take longer
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix until incorporated
- Add the vanilla and mix briefly
- Mix in the dry ingredients until just incorporated, about a minute
- Place the sprinkles in a small bowl and using a tsp scoop or a spoon, form the dough into balls and roll them in the sprinkles to fully coat
- Place them on the baking sheets and bake for 9 to 10 minutes, one sheet at a time
- Cool on a wire rack and store air tight for a few days