These bacon wrapped stuffed apricots are filled with Havarti cheese and almonds. The sweetness of the apricots combined with the mild melty cheese and the crunchy almonds go beautifully with the bacon (it's a cliché, but what doesn't go well with bacon?).
These are perfect little appetizers for a party, and are so easy to make. Havarti cheese is very creamy and mild, and melts perfectly inside the apricots.
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Apricots
24 dried apricots
3 oz Havarti cheese, sliced 1/4 inch thick and then cut into 1/2 inch squares
12 strips of bacon, cut in half across the middle
24 toothpicks (soak in water)
Freshly ground black pepper
- Set a rack about 6 inches below your broiler.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Slit open the apricots and place a piece of cheese and an almond inside.
- Wrap with a slice of bacon with a 1/2 inch overlap (trim off excess).
- Secure with a toothpick and sprinkle with black pepper.
- Broil the appetizers, turning often with tongs to crisp the bacon all over.
- If there is too much grease, you can move the appetizers to a second foil lined pan and continue to broil. The whole broiling process should take about 10 minutes or less.
- Serve immediately.
Adapted from The Best of Fine Cooking Appetizers, Fall, 2011
Visit all the other Appetizer Week Peeps for more Munchie Causing Goodness:
- Pizza Dip by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Steak and Potato Bites by Kiss My Smoke
- Gluten Free Brie en Croute by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Caramelized Onion, Brie, and Pear Crostini by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Easy Low-Carb Chicken Dip by Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Caramelized Onion Dip by Cooking in Stilettos
- Tuna Bruschetta by What's Cooking, Love?
- Harvest Sweet Potato Salsa by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Parmesan Chips by Makobi Scribe
- Mini Cheeseburgers by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies by Clarks Condensed
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Bites by From Gate to Plate
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Apricots by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Crock Pot Party Meatballs by My Catholic Kitchen
- Bacon Cheese Popcorn by Life Off the Clock
- Empanada Mini Pies by The NY Melrose Family
- Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Pinwheels by Home Cooking Memories
- Easy Cheesy Mexican Dip by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- French Onion Grilled Cheese Stackers by Mom's Test Kitchen
- Root Beer Chicken Wings by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Low Sodium Swiss Cheeseburger Stuffed Mushrooms by Cookerati