This Celery Gin and Tonic is as about refreshing as a summer cocktail can be. I first saw this cocktail in Bon Appetit and had to make it. The green color is so appealing. It makes you feel like consuming a cocktail is almost healthy.
Celery tonic lends itself perfectly to the herbal notes of gin. I'd suggest Hendrick's or Counter gin, but any herbal gin will do.
Gin and Celery Tonic
One large celery stalk, thinly sliced
1 ounce Meyer lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp sugar
ice cubes (for the cocktail shaker)
2 ounces gin
Ice cubes (for the glass)
- Place the celery, lemon juice, and sugar into the bottom of a cocktail shaker.
- Muddle the ingredients until liquefied.
- Fill the shaker with ice cubes and add the gin.
- Shake for about 60 seconds.
- Strain the ingredients over an ice filled cocktail glass.