Super easy oven Fried healthified KFC "Copycat" Chicken!
It's Secret Recipe Club time again. "Secret Recipe Club?" you ask. It's a group of food bloggers who are secretly assigned another member's blog each month. We get to spend a month secretly "stalking" our assigned blog in order to choose something to make for Reveal Day. I enjoy the chance to "meet" other bloggers as well as try out a new recipe.
This month, my assigned blog is Burnt Apple. Traci is a wife and mom of three trying to cook healthy dinners at home. She confesses that she used to be a terrible cook. I find that hard to believe. There are so many delicious recipes on her site.
After spending plenty of time making a long list of recipes to try, I chose to make her KFC Fried Chicken recipe. Some recipes I plan to try later: Turkey club wrap, Chili's queso dip, and her taco soup. Check them out.
This healthified boneless skinless chicken is coated in seasoned flour and then baked in a few tablespoons of butter in the oven. The resulting chicken is super tasty, and would be a huge hit with the kids (I can't wait to make them for my grandsons). This chicken would also be excellent in a sandwich. Does it taste like KFC? Kind of (haven't been to a KFC in years. I'm kind of partial to the gloriousness that is super crispy chicken skin... sheepish grin). Regardless, it's really good on its own.
Oven Fried KFC "Copycat" Chicken
4 tablespoons butter
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, or about 1 pound of chicken breast tenders
1/2 C milk
1 Cup flour
2 tsp paprika
1 T Morton's Season All (I think Laury's Seasoned Salt would work well too)
3/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Cut the butter into pieces and place them on a 9 inch by 13 inch baking pan (I used a quarter sheet pan).
- Place the pan in to oven for a couple of minutes to melt the butter, and remove it.
- Dip the chicken into the milk, and then completely coat with the flour/spice mixture.
- Place the pieces onto the buttered baking pan, and bake for 20 minutes on one side.
- Remove the pan from the oven, flip the chicken pieces over, and place the pan back in the oven.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes. Remove the pieces from the butter immediately and place on a plate.