Can you believe that these Vanilla, Currant, and White Chocolate Cookies are made with bread flour? How cool is that? I'm not sure I understand the chemistry? Maybe it's because the dough is refrigerated for 48 hours before baking? Did you notice that I just ended every sentence with a question mark? I am a Californian (flips hair)?
Refrigerating (not freezing) the dough for 48 hours (not 24, not 64) actually gives the cookies a sort of caramel flavor, which neutralizes some of the sweetness of the dough.
My husband, kids, and grandsons all loved them... so much so that I was not allowed to take them to work. This cookie jar pretty much emptied out in a couple of days.
These cookies are packed with white chocolate chips. The dried currants add just a bit of color and flavor. If you want to go all decadent, substitute some bittersweet mini chocolate chips for the currants.
My daughter was visiting and found a package of chalkboard paper I bought on a whim. She drew this for me, so I had to take a photo of the cookies on the paper!
Vanilla, Currant, and White Chocolate CookiesAdapted from King Arthur Flour. Makes about 56 cookies.
6 T room temperature butter
3/4 C sugar
2 large eggs
1 T vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
202 g (1 2/3 C) unbleached bread flour
2 cups (340 grams) white chocolate chips
1/4 C (30 grams) dried currants
- In a medium bowl, or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and the sugar. A hand or stand mixer are both fine.
- Add the eggs and beat until smooth.
- Beat in the vanilla, salt, and baking powder.
- Add the flour and mix until just incorporated. You can use the paddle attachment or a rubber spatula.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips and dried currants.
- Refrigerate the dough, covered, for 48 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Portion the dough into 1 inch balls (I used a teaspoon scoop)
- Bake the cookies on parchment lined baking sheets, one sheet at a time, for 8 to 9 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Cool on the baking sheets.
- Cashew and White Chocolate Chips Cookies from SimplyVeggies
- Citrus Olive Oil Biscotti with White Chocolate Chunks from The Spiced Life
- Cookies and Cream Blondies from Sidewalk Shoes
- Double Chocolate Brownie Cookies from Magnolia Days
- Japanese Yuzu Citrus Biscotti from NinjaBaker
- Key Lime White Chocolate Chip Cookies from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Liquid Cocaine (Espresso-White Chocolate) Cookies from Food Lust People Love
- Matcha and White Chocolate Cookies from Spiceroots
- Oatmeal Cookies with White Chocolate Chips and Toffee Bits from A Bakerís House
- Vanilla, Currant, and White Chocolate Cookies from Karenís Kitchen Stories
- White Chocolate Lemon and Oats Cookies from Bakingyummies
- White Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake Cookies from Made With Love
- White Chocolate Snickerdoodles from Our Good Life
- White Chocolate Pumpkin Bars from Upstate Ramblings