These Air Fryer Sriracha-Honey Wings are super crispy, spicy sweet, and ready in 30 minutes. It was really difficult to not keep them all to myself.
I made these last weekend after my friend Sally of the amazing blog Bewitching Kitchen posted that she was considering getting an air fryer. I had received an air fryer as a gift from a distributor, but had not yet given it a try. I wanted to give Sally an informed opinion (she's a scientist after all), so I immediately went into action and decided to break it out.
These wings were outstanding. I baked them in the air fryer for 30 minutes, and then immediately tossed them in a sauce that is easy to make while the wings are baking. The wings were super crispy, even when coated with the honey-sriracha.
I love wings anyway, but preparing them in the air fryer was so easy. Honestly, I'm not trying to sell you anything, but this was really cool. I am thinking that you might be able to duplicate the results by cooking the wings on a rack in a convection oven with a pan on a rack below to catch the grease.... but this was so much easier!
So what the heck is an air fryer? It's this countertop contraption that uses a vortex of hot air flowing to quickly cook and crisp food. Because this is the first recipe I've tried using an air fryer, I can't yet say, "oh, you NEED one of these," but I can say that these wings were pretty miraculous.
Here's what it looks like. It has this pull out basket at the bottom, in which the wings were air fried. It has a heating element above the basket, and hot air circulates around the food.
Disclosure: My air fryer was a gift from Avalon Bay. It was given to me without any strings attached. For a digital version, I've heard the Phillips is pretty cool.
I'm definitely going to be experimenting with this appliance.
If you are an air fryer fan, please let me know about your favorite way to use it! I need more ideas!
Air Fryer Sriracha-Honey Chicken Wings Recipe
- 1 pound chicken wings, tips removed and wings cut into individual drummettes and flats.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- juice of 1/2 lime
- cilantro, chives, or scallions for garnish
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees F. Add the chicken wings to the air fryer basket, and cook for 30 minutes, turning the chicken about every 7 minutes with tongs to make sure the wings are evenly browned.
- While the wings are cooking, add the sauce ingredients to a small sauce pan and bring to a boil for about 3 minutes.
- When the wings are cooked, toss them in a bowl with the sauce until fully coated, sprinkle with the garnish, and serve immediately.