This beef and sweet potato stir-fry is really simple to make and easy to whip up on a week night. If you marinate the beef in the morning, you can create this dinner in less than 20 minutes. No rice required, and it's healthy! If you are into "clean eating," this recipe is perfect for you.
It's Secret Recipe Club reveal day! Each month we are assigned a food blog from which to make a recipe. This month I was assigned Natural Noshing, a blog by Nora. Her blog is focused on gluten and sugar free recipes, as well as natural foods. Check her out. She is adorable.
I chose this recipe because I love making stir fried meals, and the combination of flavors sounded so intriguing.
The verdict? Yum! Thanks so much Nora!
Beef and Sweet Potato Stir-Fry
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 T apple butter
Pinch of cinnamon
dash of ground cloves
1 T soy sauce
1/2 tsp crushed red peppers
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 T grated fresh ginger
1 lb. flank steak, cut into 2 inch by 1/8 inch slices
1 C of 1 inch chunks of sweet potatoes
1 heaping cup of green beans
1 T peanut or grape seed oil
1 C of thinly sliced sweet onions
1 C baby spinach
- Mix the sesame oil, apple butter, cinnamon, cloves, soy sauce, red peppers, garlic, and ginger.
- Toss the above ingredients with the beef, cover, and refrigerate to marinate.
- Bring about 2 1/2 cups of water to boil and add the sweet potato chunks. Boil for 5 to 7 minutes.
- With a spider or slotted spoon, remove the potatoes from the pot.
- Add the green beans and boil for about 4 minutes. Drain and add the beans to the potatoes.
- Heat a wok, and when it is ready, add the oil.
- Add the beef and the onions and spread over the wok. Let cook for about a minute without disturbing. Begin stir frying and toss for another two minutes.
- Add the rest of the vegetables. including the spinach and stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes, until the beef is cooked through.