The dough for these Jalapeño Cheddar Coins is so easy to make ahead and freeze. When you are ready to serve them, just slice and bake! Super easy. Super delicious.
These are really tasty and are perfect with cocktails or wine.
Jalapeño Cheddar Crackers
2 C all purpose flour
1 tsp kosher salt
1/8 tsp baking powder
14 T cold unsalted butter cut into 1/2 inch cubes
5 oz extra sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
1 T minced jalapeño
1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder
3 T ice water
1 egg beaten with 1 T milk for egg wash
Sea salt for sprinkling
- Pulse the flour, salt, and baking powder in the bowl of a food processor.
- Add the butter and pulse a few times until the mixture is a coarse meal.
- Add the cheese, jalapeño, and chili powder and pulse.
- Add the ice water and pulse until the dough starts to form a ball.
- Pour the dough onto a large piece of plastic wrap and form it into a 14 inch log. Wrap with the plastic wrap and refrigerated for at least an hour.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- Cut the dough into 3/8 inch slices and place them on the parchment. Brush with the egg wash and sprinkle lightly with sea salt.
- Bake, one sheet at a time, for 12 to 15 minutes.
Makes about 32 cookies.
Recipe slightly adapted from Barefoot Contessa Foolproof.