These chocolate cappuccino toffee chip cookies are a result of one of those "I want to bake some cookies but I don't feel like going to the store" moments. These are "raid your cupboard and bake" cookies.
After digging through my bin of chips [yes, I have a big bin in which I hide all of my bags (and half bags) of chocolate and other flavored chips!],
For these cookies, I decided to try bittersweet chocolate chunks, cappuccino chips, and toffee bits. If you can't find cappuccino chips (I got mine from King Arthur Flour), white chocolate or butterscotch chips would be a good substitute.
These cookies are perfectly chewy and have a great crackly crust. They are definitely the perfect comfort food when you crave something sweet.
Chocolate Cappuccino Toffee Chip Cookies
Makes about 48 cookies
Ingredients6 ounces unsalted butter, slightly softened
5 1/4 ounces granulated sugar
6 ounces light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
11 1/4 ounces unbleached all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp espresso powder
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
7 ounces bittersweet chocolate chunks
7 ounces cappuccino chips
3 ounces toffee bits
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the butter and sugars with the paddle attachment on medium for about two minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat each time until mixed in.
- Add the vanilla and beat until blended.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, espresso, and cinnamon. Add it to the butter and sugar mixture and mix with a spatula first, and then the paddle attachment, until just blended in.
- Add the chips, and mix until just incorporated.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper, and scoop the dough with a tablespoon scooper or a regular tablespoon, place the dough in mounds, two inches apart onto the baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies, one sheet at a time, for about 12 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
If you are a blogger and want to join in the fun, contact Laura at thespicedlife AT gmail DOT com and she will get you added to our Facebook group, where we discuss our cookies and share links. You can also just use us as a great resource for cookie recipes--be sure to check out our Pinterest Board and our monthly posts (you can find all of them here at The Spiced Life). You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month! Also, if you are looking for inspiration to get in the kitchen and start baking, check out what all of the hosting bloggers have made: