These Indoor S'mores Bars are ridiculously decadent. They are also super easy to make. The second best part? They don't require baking.
These bars are comprised of an amazing mixture of chopped graham crackers, marshmallows, milk and bittersweet chocolate, and espresso powder, topped with a chocolate glaze and graham cracker crumbs.
Melt some chocolate, chop up some graham crackers, throw in some marshmallows and chopped chocolate, glaze the entire concoction with more chocolate and then dust it with some graham cracker crumbs. Heavenly.
Indoor S'mores Bars
1 1/2 C semi sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 C milk chocolate chips
1 tsp espresso powder
2/3 C boiling water
1/4 C unsalted butter, softened and cut into pieces
2 C graham crackers that have been cut into 1/8 to 1/4 inch squares (measure after they have been cut into pieces)
2 1/2 C mini marshmallows
Graham cracker crumbs
- Line an 8 inch square cake pan with foil and spray it with spray oil.
- Mix the chocolate chips and set aside 1/2 C.
- Place the rest of the chocolate chips into a large bowl.
- Sprinkle the espresso powder over the chips.
- Pour the boiling water over the chips and let the mixture sit for a few minutes.
- Stir until the chocolate has melted, and then add the butter and continue to stir until smooth.
- Set aside 3/4 C of the chocolate mixture for the glaze.
- Mix the graham crackers into the remaining chocolate mixture, and then add the marshmallows.
- As the mixture cools, chop the remaining 1/2 C of chocolate chips into 1/4 inch pieces, and fold into the chocolate, graham cracker, and marshmallow mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the foil lined cake pan and spread evenly.
- Evenly pour the chocolate glaze over the mixture. Let the mixture cool. Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Cut into 16 squares.
These bars are best kept in the refrigerator until just a few minutes before serving.
This recipe has been adapted from Simply Sensational Cookies by Nancy Baggett. The book is pretty sensational.
The Creative Cookie Exchange theme this month is Beat the Heat with No Bake Cookies. Even if we don’t want to turn on the oven, we still want cookies! If you are a blogger and want to join in the fun, contact Laura via email (thespicedlife AT gmail DOT com) and she will get you added to our Facebook group where we coordinate events. You can also use us as a great resource for cookie recipes. Be sure to check out our Facebook page, our Pinterest Board, and our monthly posts. You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month! Also, if you are looking for inspiration to get in the kitchen and start baking, check out what all of the hosting bloggers have made: