These cranberry pumpkin rolls are so soft and tender. I think they would be perfect for your Thanksgiving bread basket. I also think they would be even more perfect with Thanksgiving leftover dressing, gravy, mashed potatoes, and sliced turkey sandwiched in the middle. Seriously.
The dough is incredibly easy to make. Just toss all of the ingredients into a stand mixer and mix until blended. Add the fruit and candied ginger, form the dough into 24 balls, and bake them in a 9 inch by 13 inch cake pan.
The pumpkin puree adds such an amazing softness to the dinner rolls, without any added fat. These will definitely be on my Thanksgiving menu.
Cranberry Pumpkin Rolls
4/3/4 C (20 ounces) unbleached all purpose flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/4 C (1 3/4 ounces brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 T instant yeast
3/4 C (6 ounces) canned pumpkin
2 large eggs
3/4 C (6 ounces) water
1/4 C (2 ounces) softened unsalted butter
3/4 C (4 1/2 ounces) dried cranberries
1/4 C (1 1/2 ounces) diced crystalized ginger
1/4 C butter, melted
1/4 C butter, melted
- Add all of the ingredients, with the exception of the cranberries and crystalized ginger, into the bowl of a stand mixer, and mix on medium low for about seven minutes. The dough should be smooth and soft. Adjust the the flour and water as necessary.
- Add the cranberries and ginger and knead for another minute, until fully incorporated.
- Place the dough into an oiled bowl or dough rising bucket, cover, and let rise until doubled, about 90 minutes.
- Oil a 9 inch by 13 inch cake pan. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Divide the dough into 24 equal pieces, about 54 grams each. Form each piece into a ball and place each into the cake pan, seam side down. Cover the cake pan with oiled plastic wrap. Let the pan rest for about an hour, until the rolls are puffy.
- Bake the rolls for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the rolls from the oven, and brush them with the melted butter.
- Turn the rolls out onto a cooling rack to cool.
- These rolls can be served warm or at room temperature.
Recipe from King Arthur Flour
#TwelveLoaves is a monthly bread baking party created by Lora from Cake Duchess and run with the help of Heather of girlichef, which runs smoothly with the help of our bakers. Our host this month is Renee from Kudos Kitchen by Renee, and our theme is Pumpkin. For more bread recipes, visit the #TwelveLoaves Pinterest board, or check out last month's tempting selection of #TwelveLoaves Apple Breads!
- Cranberry Pumpkin Rolls from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Muffins from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Crusty Pumpkin Rosemary Bread from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Giant Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls from girlichef
- Pumpkin Challah Bread from Cake Duchess
- Pumpkin Chocolate Pocky Muffins from NinjaBaking.com
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Pumpkin Seed Breadsticks from Never Enough Thyme
- Savory Ginger Pumpkin Spice Bread from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Spice Pumpkin Bread from Basic N Delicious
- Post your Twelve Loaves bread on your blog, making sure to mention the Twelve Loaves challenge in your blog post (this helps us to get more members as well as share everyone's posts).
- Please link your post to the linky tool at the bottom of this blog. The bread MUST meet the Twelve Loaves theme (pumpkin).
- Share your Twelve Loaves bread (must be baked and posted this month) on your blog by enter the last day of the month.