These things are ridiculous, in a very good way! They are so rich and creamy, and with a "these things are calling my name!" combination of super moist brownie and chocolate chip cheesecake.
This month, the Creative Cookie Exchange bakers are baking with cheese. Our cookies could be sweet or savory.
I have several savory cheesy cookie recipes in my index, even though I've called them "crackers." They are actually just butter cookies (or sables) with a savory twist.
They make the best appetizers, especially with dry white wine. My favorites are these Cheddar Cayenne Crackers, these Jalapeño Cheddar Coins, these Parmesan and Thyme Crackers, and these Mini Cheese Puff Crackers.
For this challenge, I decided to go sweet, and make a brownie bite with a chocolate chip cheesecake filling.
There are recipes that you will make again and again, because they are easy, reliable, comforting, impressive, and delicious. This is one of those recipes. I took these to work and they disappeared.
I made these in two silicone mini muffin pans, placed on a baking sheet. You can also use metal mini muffin pans.
Thanks to Renee of Magnolia Days, for all of her help in gathering the links to all of the amazing sweet and savory cheesy cookie recipes for this month. Be sure to check out the links after the recipe.
Black Bottom Mini Cream Cheese Brownie Cups
3 ounces of cream cheese, softened and cut into pieces
2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
1 large egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 ounces mini semi sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup (2 ounces) unsalted butter, cubed
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
3/4 cup sugar
2 ounces (1/2 cup minus 1 tablespoon) all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1 large egg
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray two 12 cavity mini muffin tins with spray oil and set them on a baking sheet.
- Add the cream cheese, sugar, butter, egg yolk, and vanilla to a small to medium bowl and mix with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Set aside.
- Microwave the butter and chocolate at 30 second intervals on medium, stirring in between. This should take about three 30 second intervals. Be careful not to burn the chocolate.
- Add the sugar, and stir vigorously to blend.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, salt, and baking soda together. Set aside.
- Add the egg, water, and vanilla to the chocolate mixture and stir vigorously.
- Stir in the the flour mixture until fully combined.
- Place about 1/2 tablespoon of the chocolate mixture in the bottom of each muffin cup. Place about 1 teaspoon of the cheesecake mixture on top. Top the cheesecake mixture with the rest of the brownie mixture (about 3/4 to 1 teaspoon per cup).
- Bake for 11 to 14 minutes, until a toothpick comes out slightly sticky on the bottom. Mine took a bit longer because I used silicone pans.
- Cool completely in the pans on wire racks.
- Loosen the cups with a thin sharp knife.
- Best the day they are made. Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container. They can also be frozen for up to a month.
Cheese makes everything better--even cookies! Sweet or savory, you can find them here! You can also use us as a great resource for cookie recipes. Be sure to check out our Pinterest Board and our monthly posts (you can find all of them here at The Spiced Life). You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month! Also, if you are looking for inspiration to get in the kitchen and start baking, check out what all of the hosting bloggers have made:
- Banana Chocolate Chip Bars by What Smells So Good?
- Black Bottom Mini Cream Cheese Brownie Cups by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Cheddar Chive Shortbread by Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Cookies by Magnolia Days
- Cream Cheese Kolachky by Oven Delights
- Geese Feet (Farmer's Cheese Cookies) by A Shaggy Dough Story
- Italian Ricotta Cookies by All That's Left Are The Crumbs
- Lemon Ricotta Cookies by A Baker's House
- Pepper Jack and Green Chile Cornbread Madeleines by Live. Bake. Love
- Spiced Parmigiano Scones by Spice Roots
- Tiramisu Sandwich Cookies by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks